Our placement programme is designed for undergraduates whose degree requires a 12-month work placement. We offer a range of interesting and challenging opportunities across the organisation in areas including Communications, HR, IT, Data, Management Information and Case Management.
Whichever role you choose, you’ll have the chance to put your academic skills into practice and develop experience which will be invaluable for your return to university and future career.
Why do a placement?
We offer a competitive salary of £15,000 and a range of benefits including:
- a central location in the North Laine area, less than a five minutes’ walk from the station
- a diverse, modern and friendly working environment including an on-site coffee shop
- excellent pension arrangements
- a 35 hour working week and flexibility in your working hours
- generous 25 days' paid leave plus bank holidays
- staff discounts including O2 mobile phone contracts and discounts in local shops, bars, restaurants and gyms
- travel assistance schemes – Easit travel card, cycle to work scheme and train season ticket loans
- free independent legal advice and counselling
- Sports and Social Club – events include: dress down days, cake sales, pub quizzes, charity events, treasure hunts, football team
You can also come along to guest speaker events at our Women’s Network, join our Minority Ethnic network, or take part in Brighton Pride parade with our LGBT+ Network PROUD!
You’ll develop your skills, expand your network, and gain in confidence and maturity which will help you prepare for your final year and after you graduate.
We are committed to making The Pensions Regulator (TPR) a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential with accompanying mentoring and support.
Who can apply?
You can apply for a placement at TPR if you're a student in your penultimate year of study, or if your degree requires a year-long placement.
We’re keen to attract students from a wide range of academic backgrounds who have a good command of Microsoft Office, and an interest in government, social policy, regulation, finance or the economy.
TPR is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter to the recruitment team at email@example.com.
- 17 February 2019 – applications close
- 28 February 2019 – assessment centre
- August / September 2019 – placement starts